Sunday, July 4, 2010

I am back!

Haven't visited this blog for a long time...been so busy with work and struggling with my sched.

Let me do a quick update on Mariel's progress...

1) Mariel is now having her speech therapy in Pacita Commercial Center, just a tricycle ride from our home which makes it comfortable to both of us. I'll ask Teacher Agnes, who is also a member of the board of directors in Philippine Institute for the Deaf, if I could post some pics during their therapy session. So far, Mariel is enjoying her therapy, she is getting used to her hearing aid and she is mouthing and verbalizing a lot this days. 

2) Mariel is communicating more with gestures, facial expressions and point- and  - pull system hehe I mean she either points at what she wants or pull somebody else to get that thing for her.

3) She always looks up at her Ate Keiichi - whatever ate does, she should do it too. Just this evening, we were curing ate Keiichi's wound and she would come to us and point at her healing wound and we must cover it too. 

4) Sponge Bob, Dora the Explorer, Tom and Jerry, Mr. Bean, Winnie the Pooh and Mickey Mouse to name a few of Mariel's favorite characters.  She also like pulang bubuyog  as long as there will be fries and softdrinks :-)

I have more stories to tell but I'll just reserve it on my next entry. Mariel is now known by my officemates as "pogi". By the way, I now work with the best place to bank and the best place to work. 

Ate Keiichi is also now in Grade III in Casa del Nino Montessori School in Phase 6. 



1 comment:

Unknown said...

wow good to know everything is going well.. God bless!