Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Cholecystectomy and Hyperthyroidism

At last! I'm done with my laparoscopy cholecystectomy or in other words, minimal invasive gallbladder removal. I had it in July 31 at 10am. I am still subclinical hyperthyroid, T3, FT4 are normal but my TSH was at  less than 0.005 uIU. 

I went to work on July 30 at 3pm to 12mn and went straight to Alabang Medical Center. I need to be there so that they can monitor me though Dr. Ivor Tantuco and Dr. Dumana already cleared me for the surgery in the morning. I thought I will be operated after lunch but Dr. Tantuco had it done earlier so I had to make some arrangements with our nanny Ate Del and her friend Mercy. They arrived around 8.30 and at 9: 15, I was brought to the operating room. 

I had chills the moment I entered the operating room. The nurses had to lower the temperature and cover my extremeties. The anethaesiologist was trying to converse with me but the moment they injected the anesthesia, I was in a minute. The operation lasted for i guess barely 45 minutes but I had to stay in the recovery room for 3 hours because my blood pressure shoot up to 170/120. 

I went back to my bedroom conscious but felt asleep after a few minutes. The stones are like guava seeds, more or less 50 stones were removed. I was able to sat up, walked to the restroom to pee and was discharged after a day. 

The only problem was on the night of July 31, I was in pain but the nurses doesn't want to give me additional pain relievers so I was not able to sleep and my BP went up to 150/110 again at 6 am August 1. I was still taking methimazole 20 mg for my hyperthyroidism and additional propranolol inderal for the palpitation twice a day.  I went home morning of August and was advised to be on bed rest for 6 more days. 

Stubborn me, I was on bedrest but I always wanted time with my kids so I had to sit up, wrote some reviewers for Keiichi and spend some time with Mariel. 

I went to work last Monday but I need to endure stomach pain. The call queue was so high and I could hardly breath. I gave up at 2am Aug 11 because the pain was unbearable already I needed to take celecoxib and stayed at the clinic for almost an hour. 


1 comment:

Diana Rose said...

I was diagnosed with hyperthyroidism last summer. First I was prescribed with Levothyroxine but it did not stop my hair loss. My scalp was very dry and flaky. Recently, I heard about Armour thyroid . I tried it and guess what? My skin is not dry anymore and my hair is growing back.