Saturday, August 9, 2008

In Memoriam



This was Auntie or Lola Caridad in 2004 Birthday celebration of Keiichi. She can still walk at that time but with a cane. Two month ago, she was diagnosed with cancer but due to old age, they did not pursue her operation. She passed away on July 31 at the age of 93.

She is Daddy's grand aunt. Tatay Rogelio's father, Lolo Justiniano was her brother.





Lolo Isyo or Lolo Simplicio is my father's father. Our last meeting was on June 5, the day before he was brought home from Region 1 Medical Hospital in San Fernando, La Union. He suffered from heat stroke and was under coma for a few weeks. He was still able to recover but succumbed to death on August 6. He will be laid to rest on August 18.

I spent my summers in Sudipen when I was still in elementary. I maybe talkative, hyperactive and sometimes pasaway but I don't remember being spanked by Lolo. That is what I am proud of and that is what I am keeping in mind as a proof that I am much better than my other cousins and that my mom and my grandparents brought me up nicer than what other people claim. (Pasensiya na, pero that's the truth and Lolo recognized that because he had seen the good things in my mom and her parents that her other children tried to ignore.) Every afternoon, Lolo would go to Coop store to fetch Lola Amparo or Lola Sayong. That's how sweet they are...I know that because Lolo would always ask me to accompany him when I was there.

No comments: