Thursday, June 12, 2008

Hand-Me-Downs...

So what if I am wearing my mom's shirt or my older sister's clothes? Some may find it uncomfortable since some people may mock you for wearing hand-me-downs but for me, it's a statement of how one takes care of their belongings and for the one who wears it, its a privilege having something to wear that was made older than you are and you must be grateful for they chose you to have it instead of giving it to other people. It may sound like a charity case but looking at the positive side, its one way of saving money and I don't mind wearing old clothes as long as I know whom it came from.

Actually, I don't buy most of my clothes and I don't buy clothes for my kids and my hubby either...unless they need something for a special occasion and of course, personal garments are the only ones I buy. I also set limit for clothing expenses. Perhaps because I was brought up that way. My mom won't mind spending a lot on food but never on clothes. We only buy new set of clothes in December (for the Christmas Program) and in March or April (maybe it was also my gift because we will be going up the stage again to receive my award :-).

Here are some photos of my kids and my sis wearing same clothes. I hope I could find others showing me and my mom and my sis-in-law (she's tall so most of her clothes when she was 15 or 20 are the only ones I could wear hehe) wearing same outfits.









This is for my sister Jade... who would gladly pack and keep her old toys and clothes for her nieces. Thanks to you... Advance Happy Birthday and we are looking forward for the next box you sent. :-)

No comments: