Sunday, June 22, 2008

Why can't they admit that they have a problem?

I just wanna let this out because I really am frustrated with the services of these telecoms and internet provider. They would really insist that the problem is in your unit or in your hardware and not on them.

I just experienced another downtime with our internet at around 10 to 12 today so I was not able to do mylot, click on PTCs and chat with my mom; I was already browsing at 8 am when I got disconnected at 9 and then at 10. I am connected according to the ISP but I cannot browse so at 12, I called their tech support and all they asked me to do was restart everything, delete cookies from the browsers, etc which I don't think should be done because my connection was Ok a while ago. I just followed their instruction just to satisfy them. I even go to their website to check if I can already connect after following her instructions but unluckily, I cannot even open their own website. Perhaps, the Lady Technician is only following her Dummy script and she is not allowed to divert from that script. I am glad, my hubby was still cool at that time or else, the girl would have received a lecture from the one who knows best about computer.

Another instance that I really got so angry was with a cellphone service provider when they insisted that my phone was broken when in fact, i've been inserting the simcard to three different cellphones yet I am having the same result. I just live here in the outskirt of Metro Manila so it should be expected that my signal or network should be as fine as when I am in the urban area. They even made me wait for 20 minutes or so and all they have recorded in their log was that there was a problem with my handphone. Eventually, they sent a technician in my house to check if there's really a network failure in our place and they were shocked, the signal is really low. They even used my other number to contact me just to follow up because I really stopped using their sim. After a month, they were convinced that they do have a problem. I wished they were SMART enough to have figured out that I won't waste time waiting for their call center agents to hear my complaints if I am just another prank caller.

Oh dear! Is this what we really call SERVICE? Can't they just admit that they have a problem and not focus on their usual script that we must restart our PC or CPs, insert sim again etc?

No comments: